Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Orange Drink...I Hate You!

I had the glucose screening test this morning and another routine checkup. I went into it thinking, "it'll be a breeze" and it was for about the first 30 minutes. Basically you go in, drink this really sugary orange drink (and you have to drink it within 5 minutes) then you have to wait an hour and they draw your blood...it basically tests for gestational diabetes. Anyway...after about 30 minutes of waiting they called me in for my routine checkup...I went in and sat down to wait for the doctor and, well... that's when things went downhill. Between getting really dizzy and almost fainting right infront of the nurse to laying down and vomiting in the doctors trash can IT WENT REALLY GREAT! :/ So...as I layed there half dead fanning myself with the vagina diagram.. they took my blood and did the doplar, Brynn's heart beat is perfect at 142, my belly growth despite what coffee lady and grocery store lady think is perfectly normal and I have gained a total of 17 pounds so far, which is also normal. So all is good. They gave me some animal crackers and I was on my way.

 Pregnancy Ticker

No comments:

Post a Comment